Let’s take a look at the top VPN services available for Kodi, these VPNs would work towards protecting the privacy and the security of your online profile. Kodi is used to access movies along with TV shows and even music it aims to provide a smooth and excellent streaming service at great speed. However, a VPN comes in handy while using Kodi, as it helps keep your online profile safe from hackers and other intruders that spy on your online activity. There have even been cases where the ISP has been spying on its customer’s online activity; these issues can be solved by using a VPN.
While choosing the best VPNs available for Kodi XBMC, we need to keep a few things in mind, namely compatibility with the devices that run Kodi along with providing speed followed by reliability. The logging policy and the security protocols addressed by the VPNs need to be critically evaluated since those are the main reasons to use VPNs. lastly; the ease of setting up the software and usage merits the best VPN service for Kodi.
List of Best VPN For Kodi:
Here is a list of few of the most common VPNs for Kodi
1. IPVanish VPN
This is one of the best VPN for Kodi devices that are based on Android, including the Amazon fire stick. Further, it also caters to individuals without Google play accounts, as the apk of IPvanish is available on their website and can be downloaded and installed from there. The only drawback is that Linux users would end to configure the VPN manually.
- Seamless performance for all android based devices for Kodi
- Provides a direct apk for installing the files
- There are more than 1200 servers
- There exists an app for fire TV
- High-speed HD streaming is available
- Privacy and security concerns are a state of the art
- Cryptocurrency payment is not accepted
ExpressVPN is an all-round choice for Kodi users; it provides reliable service alongside lightning fast download speed. Moreover, there is a command-line interface is available with the Linux version of ExpressVPN. However, there is one drawback in terms of downloading the app, because it requires a sign-in authentication, therefore those without the Google play store would need to sideload the application from a separate Android device.
- Its dedicated apps make it an all-rounder for Kodi users
- Downloading and streaming is done in lightning-fast speeds
- Security protocols are a state of the art
- All streaming services are unblocked
- Live chat support is available 24/7
- Expensive than other VPNs
3. Cyberghost VPN
Cyberghost is one of the budget choices that pop up in the list for the best VPNs service for Kodi as its subscriptions are available for a whopping discount of 80% for the three-year deal. The VPN has an added layer of coding that allows server choices to be optimised not just by location, but with the content that needs to be streamed. However, there are a few drawbacks because the Linux version is non-existent and the android app needs to be downloaded from Google play itself. Cyberghost is keeping on adding newer servers to its network list and ahs tweaked its ability to unblock all streaming channels. It is slowly moving towards being one of the big players within the VPN world with tight security and lightning-fast speed.
- Selects servers depending upon the site to be unblocked
- Low-cost subscriptions
- Service is quite fast and reliable
- No problems in unlocking popular streaming contents
- Linux users require to configure the VPN manually
- Torrenting is not for all servers
NordVPN is another good enough choice for Kodi since it provides a $ 2.99 subscription for the two-year plan. It works great at unlocking geo-restricted streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer alongside HULU and many other streaming services. The 256-bit encryption is used to encrypt data being routed through the VPN, making it one of the safest VPNs services to be used for Kodi. However, the only drawback remains and it being the inability to choose the servers. NordVPN allows users to pick the region but does not allow them to choose the server.
- Has a great integration with Kodi
- Value for money with high-speed streaming
- An encrypted and secure connection is provided
- There exists a strict policy that forbids logs
- The desktop app can be cumbersome at times
- Individual servers cannot be chosen
PrivateVPN is one of the VPN services that are gaining popularity as it can unblock almost anything thrown at it. It works with Kodi like a charm and it also works well with BBC iPlayer and Netflix. Security along with the policies for keeping logs are as you would expect, pretty robust, however, it lacks testing data. Since this is a relatively new enterprise, there is a lack of enough test data. People who do not have a Google pay account need not look any further since the apk is available on the official website of PrivateVPN. Further, there also exists the option of manual configuration.
- Works well with Kodi
- Security features are robust
- No logs are maintained
- 24/7 live customer support is not present
- The server list is limited
- Some areas need manual tweaks to work
6. Private Internet Access VPN
The main advantage of using Private Internet Access or PIA is that it is tested and proven to work on the OpenELEC platform without major hurdles. It works for Raspberry Pi and other low powered Linux devices. It even allows the user to choose between the encryption providing a standard 256 bit and 128-bit encryption as the available choices. However, PIA is more suitable for low-end KODI devices given that it is relatively new and stresses more on the command user interface.
- Most commonly used for Kodi Linux
- Unlocks a lot of good content
- Streaming speeds are inconsistent
- Not as good as other providers
So, folks, I would recommend IPVanish has the best VPN for Kodi users since it is lightweight and provides a friendly yet subtle solution to unblocking streaming content.
Must Read: 5 Best Roku Private Channels List